Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Iphoto Identifying Large Numbers of Faces Faster

To select a bunch of faces for identifying and name confirmation in iPhoto is easy. But the tutorial that comes with iPhoto doesn't explain how to do it. I found the answer on Macworld.

Whenever I tag a face, I'm given the option to Confirm Additional Faces. Clicking on that brings to a screen where iPhoto will put up its best guess about which images contain that face you tagged earlier. You can click each image to confirm or reject iPhoto's guess.

I was dumbly and mechanically clicking to confirm some 630 images containing Spencer, when it occurred to me that there MUST be an easier way. And there is: If most of the images contain the correct tagged face, you can simply click (on the empty space next to the image) and drag across all the images. Then go back and click the incorrectly named faces - this helps iPhoto's identification.

That's it!

xo Gracie

p.s. It would be GREAT if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question!