Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trying to make money

Being jobless since November 2008 (I quit my job at the Forest Research Institute Malaysia to join my husband in the US) has been hard on my self-esteem and general state of mind.

Since then I have used all sorts of methods to save or make money, and I'll get down to writing about some of the better ones in the next few posts. These include using coupons ('coupon gaming' or 'couponing'), subscribing to sites like GreatFun, Autovantage and other sites under the much-maligned Trilegiant Corp (I've received $80 worth in free gas and checks since 2007, for trying out their services at no cost to me), participating in surveys (NPDOR, Surveyspot, Pandaresearch, etc), and blogging (Google Adsense has brought in a couple of dollars through clickthroughs so far, but I haven't blogged enough to attract readers...yet!).

Today I stumbled across a review site called Reviewstream.com that is currently offering $2 for each short review anyone submits. Since I am such an opinionated person and I post my reviews on products, stuff, and Life any chance I get online, I thought 'Hey why not get paid for it?'. So I penned a quick review of how to make money selling Restaurant.com gift certificates on Ebay that have been redeemed from the United Mileage Plus site. So far I made $30 selling two $100 certificates, which is pretty good considering my UMP points are nowhere near enough to get a free flight anywhere. I had only 8000 points and got four $100 certificates for them. I've submitted my review to Reviewstream.comand if they like it, I get paid (via Paypal). Fingers crossed for two bucks!

By the way, I've also compiled in one handy location, links with discounts and coupons to all the places where I shop online. Check out Where Gracie Shops!


xo Gracie

P.S. It would be AWESOME if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question!