Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Add Share to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Blog This Buttons on New Blogger Interface

There's no need to mess around with editing html for your blogger template. I spent countless wasted and frustrating hours trying to get the html code taken from Bloggerplugins to work - not realizing that in my tunnel vision I totally overlooked the simplest step to getting those darned Blogger Share Buttons to show up on my blog!

On Bloggerplugin's post (dating 2010), the first method given didn't seem to suit me and was for an older version of Blogger. Since I use the updated newer Blogger interface, I couldn't find 'Design>Page Elements' anywhere, so I didn't how to proceed. So I went to the next step #5 that had me embroiled in the twisted web of html. (To his credit, Bloggerplugin's instructions are clear and they work. Well, they worked for all my other blogs, except this Frugal Girl one! The buttons showed up but when clicked on, I'd get the message 'This page doesn't exist')

If you have the new Blogger Interface this is what you need to do:

  1. From your blogspot page, Click on 'Design' (which is sandwiched between 'New Post' and 'Sign Out' on the top right of the page.
  2. Click on 'Layout' on the left side bar. 
  3. In your layout, you'll see various boxes (e.g., Favicon, Navbar) showing what appears on where, on your blog. Look for 'Blog Posts'.
  4. Within the 'Blog Posts' box, click on 'Edit' (found at bottom right in that box). You'll see something like the pic below. 
  5. Finally, check the box 'Show Share Buttons', 'Save' and 'View' the miraculous wonderful addition to your blog!

I'm just getting acquainted with my Mac, and learning how to make my blog more functional, attractive and useful for my readers. It's a steep learning curve, but I'm enjoying the ride! I'll post every week on how I did/am doing the little tweaks to my blogs (I have 10!). My next post will describe how to capture a screenshot on the Mac (like the one I pasted above). To receive my posts in your inbox you can subscribe, else check back soon for the goodies!

Are you new to blogging or an accomplished blogger pulling in lots of Adsense revenue. I'd LOVE to hear from you! Leave a comment!

xo Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question!